Book a FREE consultation to find out more
It’s called dental monitoring, and it’s an easy to use app on your smartphone!
At Sunshine Orthodontics we want you to enjoy, well…. the sunshine! And we want you to enjoy all that there is to do on beautiful sunny days, like long lunches with friends, kids’ sports weekends, walks on the beach, family picnics.
Let’s be honest. The last place you really want to be on a beautiful sunny day is inside an orthodontic clinic. But you don’t have to, because at Sunshine Orthodontics we have a way that you can achieve the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of with very few visits to our clinic.
What is dental monitoring?
We’re excited to be offering dental monitoring at Sunshine Orthodontics because it’s the latest technology to transform the orthodontic industry. Dental monitoring makes having treatment much easier in so many ways, but first let us explain how it works.
Dental monitoring is an app on your smartphone. It’s connected with software on our computers, so all that’s required is for you to send us weekly selfies of your teeth (we’ll show you how). We compare these selfies against your treatment plan to ensure your teeth match the position they should be in at that particular point in time. If your teeth are moving as we planned there’s no need to come in for a check-up.
Benefits of dental monitoring
So now to the many benefits that dental monitoring provides:
- Fewer check-ups at the clinic mean less appointments to fit into your diary, making it easier to fit orthodontic treatment into your lifestyle
- Weekly selfies help us to track your treatment even more closely than if you were coming in for regular check-ups every six to eight weeks.
- You can work, travel, holiday all while having orthodontic treatment. Just keep in regular contact by sending us your weekly selfies.
- Greater accuracy of results can be achieved because we are monitoring the movement of your teeth right down to the pixel level.
- The dental monitoring app is very easy to use, so if you’re technologically challenged we’ll make it easy for you!
Dental monitoring also enables us to monitor your compliance and treatment progress. This is particularly beneficial for parents of teens having treatment as it gives them peace of mind your teen is wearing their Dental Monitoring aligner as they should. It also means fewer appointments to schedule, saving you (and us) time.
Sign up for smart treatment
Ready to have orthodontic treatment? Book your free consultation with our friendly team at Sunshine Orthodontics today. They’ll show you how easy it is to use the dental monitoring app and let you enjoy more hours with friends and family in the sunshine.
Please note, at the moment we only use dental monitoring with Dental Monitoring treatment. When the technology develops further to incorporate traditional braces and appliances we will look to roll dental monitoring out across all treatment options.